Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 16:03:33 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Milen Rangelov <gat3way@...3way.eu>
Subject: ssh_fmt / privkey without using high level OpenSSL functions

Hi,

I tried to re-implement ssh / privkey format without using high level
OpenSSL functions. However I didn't get a speed-up over JtR's existing
ssh format :-(. Code is attached. Feel free to re-use it.

One advantage of my new code over existing JtR code is that it has no
multi-threading issues.

Milen,

So far, I have only seen private keys using one of the following two
encryption algorithms,

    _CIPHER_TABLE = {
        'AES-128-CBC': { 'cipher': AES, 'keysize': 16, 'blocksize':
16, 'mode': AES.MODE_CBC },
        'DES-EDE3-CBC': { 'cipher': DES3, 'keysize': 24, 'blocksize':
8, 'mode': DES3.MODE_CBC },
    }

Let me know if you need corresponding fastssh2john program.

--
Cheers,
Dhiru

View attachment "fastssh_fmt_plug.c" of type "text/x-csrc" (7789 bytes)