Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 09:05:26 -0400
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: lm2ntlm

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Rob Fuller <jd.mubix@...il.com> wrote:
> I wasn't on the list yet to be able to bump it properly, but anyone
> looked at this diff for inclusion?
>
> http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2011/03/29/7
I believe this is taken care of in two or more ways already, the one I
use is a wordlist rule (called NT) and can be coupled with --loopback
[aka --loop] option (default reads john.pot but file can be
specified).
john passwords.txt -format=lm -pot=lm.pot (cracks lm hashes to a LM
only pot if you wish)
john passwords.txt -format=nt -loopback=lm.pot -rules=nt
NT is in the john.conf file by default, and I think loopback is in
jumbo and non-jumbo but I may be wrong. There may be other ways of
doing this already in JtR, I just don't recall them yet.
-rich