Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 19:40:27 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: "john-dev@...ts.openwall.com" <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Office2013 OpenCL

Claudio,

I just committed an OpenCL Office 2013 format, using your SHA-512 (but optimised for loop use). It works fine on nvidias and CPU but fails self-test on HD7970. I think the code is fine so it may be some kind of driver bug that has to be worked around. If you have some spare time, please have a look.

BTW it does around 44 million SHA-2 per second on the 570 and over 75 million on HD7970. Are those speeds fair or lousy? There is a huge need for private memory so I have no idea how to get it faster.

magnum