Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 19:47:42 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Compiling JtR (unstable-jumbo) on FreeBSD 9.1

On 27 Sep, 2012, at 17:04 , Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com> wrote:

> 2. Is it necessary to include alloca.h file at all? gpg format uses
> alloca function and it doesn't include alloca.h file.

Just dropping the includes works fine on OSX (which might indicate it will work fine on other BSD's too). Since we haven't heard any complaints about GPG, I would suppose it's fine to just drop them.

On another note I now noticed that dmg2john is not built unless I manually do a "make dmg2john". Is there any reason for that (other than a tedious Makefile edit)?

magnum