Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 19:06:21 -0300
From: Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: sha512crypt-opencl

Hi, thanks again.

2012/9/26 Gifts <gifts.antichat@...il.com>

> Benchmark with 20 minutes JtR and 10 minutes cudaHashcat
>
>  And it is interesting, that Intel OpenCl SDK can't vectorize this
> kernel. I hadn't look deeply into code yet, was this kernel optimized
> for GPU?

I suppose magnum have something interesting to say about Intel SDK. Let's
hear from him.

I don't have any Intel hardware, so i can't say anything useful.
Nevertheless, the kernel that runs on CPU is not optimized for GPUs. It
gives acceptable results on AMD CPUs (i would say it was optimized for it).

Maybe, there are tricks one can use to help the Intel compiler "do the
job". Anyone have any clues about it?

Claudio

Content of type "text/html" skipped