Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 20:34:38 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 1.7.9-jumbo-7

It's an Intel CPU (quad i7), so it's just the llvm compiler that can't compete with gcc (let alone icc) when compiling the intrinsics. For some reason I can't use an -x86-64i build either (llvm can't seem to compile the assembler). I'll look into that some day.

I can switch to gcc whenever I want and everything will be normal, but I wanted to squeeze out most of the "native OSX" bugs now that I have a chance.

magnum