Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 02:47:25 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: 1.7.9-jumbo-7

Hi,

I am finally going to release 1.7.9-jumbo-7.  I am still in a bad lack
of time, but we need to push this out, so I am going to do that.

This is meant as a bugfix-mostly release.  It should not include any new
formats, except for opencl_rawmd4_fmt.c, which was missing in
1.7.9-jumbo-6 by mistake (the corresponding OpenCL kernel was included).

The 1.7.9-jumbo-6-fixes does include two additional formats beyond that,
and it also includes pfx2john.c.  This should be dropped from the
1.7.9-jumbo-7 release, and I think it'd be cleaner to drop these files
from the 1.7.9-jumbo-6-fixes branch before the release.  This should
also involve changes to Makefile and john.c, and to CHANGES-jumbo.

magnum - do you happen to be available to do this now?  If so, please
reply ASAP, so that we avoid duplicate work.

Speaking of CHANGES-jumbo, should its description of changes in
1.7.9-jumbo-6 perhaps be replaced with my announcement of 1.7.9-jumbo-6?
Or maybe we should separate it into two files: one based on git history
(dirty), the other human-readable (sync'ed to actual announcements).
Maybe call them CHANGES-jumbo-git (dirty) and CHANGES-jumbo
(human-readable).

Dhiru - I recall that you edited some wiki page to say that certain
non-hashes are supported in 1.7.9-jumbo-7 - well, they're not going to
be supported sooner than -jumbo-8.  Please edit the wiki accordingly.

Thanks,

Alexander