Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 13:47:02 -0400
From: "Robert B. Harris" <rs904c@...scape.net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: Static analysis of John using Coverity

We'll I think there should be a plan to work on the jumbo and magnum's
bleeding and magnum's stable code and increase the quality of it.

This program can test for code quality, memory leaks, and many other code
issues.

Is anyone on list interested and have the time for this?

I'm willing to take the lead and see if the Coverity static analysis scanner
helps us find and fix issues.  Or maybe magnum might want to do this?

We would need a group from this list to help on deciding if and how the code
should be fixed.  Do we have any volunteers?

There are other analyzers as well... Coverity is supposed to have a low
false positive rate, so I think that might be a good program to start with

-Robert B. Harris from VA