Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 02:30:58 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: EncFS fails on OSX (was: New formats: KRB5-18 and KRB5-23)

On 8 Sep, 2012, at 18:49 , Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 12:55 AM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
>> On 09/06/2012 09:12 AM, Camille Mougey wrote:
>>>
>>> I send you two new formats, named KRB5-18 and KRB5-23 and both tools :
>>> krb5_util.patch and kdcdump2john.
>>
>> While they work like champs on Linux, both fail self-test on OSX, although
>> there are no problems nor warnings when building. I'm not sure I'll be able
>> to debug that soon, maybe you or someone else can.
>
> This problem on OSX is now fixed

After another minor patch I just committed, there is one single problem left in OSX (except for OpenCL problems that I blame Apple for) and that is not in -fixes:

Benchmarking: EncFS PBKDF2 AES / Blowfish [32/64]... FAILED (cmp_all(1))
1 out of 177 tests have FAILED

Note that this happens most of the time, but not always! Some initialization problem?

Everything else - in all branches - now build and test fine under OSX 10.8 including with HAVE_NSS, HAVE_GMP and HAVE_KRB5. Also, the separate targets office2john, vncpcap2john, gpg2john and dmg2john work just fine. All CUDA formats work fine. Some OpenCL formats still have problems. I have yet to understand why that is - I'm pretty sure we are not doing things wrong.

BTW Jim, this means your SHA2 code builds and tests fine too.

I noticed there were some differences in the EncFS code between magnum-jumbo and bleeding that should not be there (ie. someone posted fixes to bleeding instead of magnum-jumbo) - but this had nothing to do with the problem (and I backported them now).

magnum