Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 19:26:12 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Cracking Gauss using dynamic

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 11:11:18AM -0400, Matt Weir wrote:
> Reposted it to john-users as requested. I guess I just figured since
> it was dealing with how to use dynamic to attack a non-standard format
> that discussion about how to attack it would go here without spamming
> john-users. Once a final solution is agreed upon then it would go into
> john-users.  In short, it was a misunderstanding on my part about the
> appropriate topics for john-dev.

It is appropriate for john-dev, but it is also appropriate for
john-users - so it'd be a pity to have it wasted on john-dev. ;-)

My intent is to use john-dev for discussions that are inappropriate for
john-users only.

BTW, the recent thread on SRP was borderline.  I think the topic was of
interest to john-users as well, but I expected it to result in
discussions of source code - and it did.

Thanks,

Alexander