Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 22:44:09 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: SRP

At this time, after some emails with Magnum and Dhriu, it looks like we
should back this out, at least to only bleeding level.

Sounds like there will be issues with GMP installed.  I have not tested
quality or speed of oSSL doing an expmod, and was not even aware it exposed
that, but it sounds like it does.  Hopefully, it will not end up being a
version specific feature, so that we can make this a plug format.

But I think for now, Magnum is going to move the format into unused, and
revert the -lgmp added to Makefile (possibly leaving it in bleeding).

But I do think you are right.  A 'generic' SRP would be better, vs a
battle-net specific SRP.

Jim.