Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 23:52:49 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Aleksey's daily status report #6

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:11:04PM +0200, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> On 08/12/2012 11:48 AM, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> > It is trivial problem. I need to comment these methods out.
> [...]
> > The problem occurred when I commented some buttons out but did not
> > comment their handlers out.
> >
> > Should I fix it now or could it be postponed till 1.2?
>
> If it is that easy to fix, I think you should fix it.
> Because these warnings every time you start johnny might confuse users.
> At least for the tarball this is relevant.

Indeed. I fixed them. I have some more small fixes so I'll upload new
tarball as soon as they'll be applied.

> For the rpm build or debian build it depends whether or not the user
> still has to start johnny from the command line or whether he can start
> johnny by clicking on a program icon or choosing a menu entry...

I guess it is better to start johnny from menu. Though I am not sure
how easy it will be to make menu entries for all systems. Should I
look into it? Or will users start johnny from shell?

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov