Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 17:32:13 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: sunmd5

>From: Solar Designer [mailto:solar@...nwall.com]
>
> Here's an obvious optimization, removing the modulo division.

There are a ton of tweaks to be made in the coin flip.  I have not touched
that code at all, it is 100% original to what Bartavelle did (which was
original Moffet code, I think).  The gains on this one, likely will be
clawing and grabbing a few extra cracks per sec, unless we find better
optimizations in either crypt reloading, or better ways to optimize,
'knowing' that we have a large array of SSE_PARA buffers, where the code as
it is, may only be optimal for a single buffer.