Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 15:57:46 -0400
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: Magnum-Jumbo fails to buil on Cygwin

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Frank Dittrich
<frank_dittrich@...mail.com> wrote:
> On 07/26/2012 08:10 PM, Rich Rumble wrote:
>> OpenSSL library version: 1000103f       (loaded: 1000007f)
>
> This means that the library version which is loaded at run time is
> definitely smaller than 1.0.1 and smaller than the library version which
> was used for the build.

It must of been something in my environment, it's working now on the latest
Version: 1.7.9-jumbo-6+unstable
Build: win32-cygwin-x86-sse2i
Arch: 32-bit LE
$JOHN is ../run/
Format interface version: 9
Rec file version: REC3
Charset file version: CHR2
CHARSET_MIN: 32 (0x20)
CHARSET_MAX: 126 (0x7e)
CHARSET_LENGTH: 8
Max. Markov mode level: 400
Max. Markov mode password length: 30
Compiler version: 4.5.3
gcc version: 4.5.3
OpenSSL library version: 1000103f

I had openssl installed on my windows machine, as well as in the
Cygwin environment, but even after uninstalling it on the OS and
making sure the version from cygwin is 1.0.1c. Could of been an old
.98 version I had once.
OpenSSL> version
OpenSSL 1.0.1c 10 May 2012
OpenSSL> exit