Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 21:02:33 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Add support for cracking M$ Outlook's PST files

Hi,

The attached patch (against magnum-jumbo branch) adds support for
cracking M$ Outlook's PST files. In my experience, CRC32 (custom
version) collisions can be generated in less than 15 minutes on AMD X3
720 CPU (1 core).

$ ../run/john -fo:pst -t
Benchmarking: PST custom CRC32 [32/64]... DONE
Raw:	23601K c/s real, 23840K c/s virtual

There is one warning in the code "pst-crc32.h:554:25: warning: cast
from pointer to integer of different size" which needs fixing. magnum,
Can you take a look?

Usage:

1. Compile and run "pst2john" on pst files. Currently this tool is
available from https://github.com/halfgenius/pst2john. For integration
into john, this codebase needs to be heavily trimmed.
2. Run john on output of pst2john.

I will send a mail to john-users once tha patch is ready for general
usage. Comments / Feedback is welcome!

--
Cheers,
Dhiru

Download attachment "0001-Add-support-for-cracking-M-Outlook-s-PST-files.patch" of type "application/octet-stream" (33718 bytes)