Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 20:41:53 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: fast pbkdf2-sha1 OpenCL kernel

Hi,

I am looking for a fast pbkdf2-sha1 OpenCL kernel which can handle
passwords of length 20, salt size 20 and can output key length of 66.

1) Can the wpa-psk kernel work with password size of 20? If not, can
it be modified to do the same? I need this for ODF kernel.

2) Currently the output of wpa-psk kernel is 32 bytes, can this be
increased to 64 + 2 (= 66)? I need this for ZIP AES kernel.

Jim, does you pbkdf2 kernel meet these requirements? Can it be
modified to do so?

I have written a pbkdf2 kernel which meet all these requirements but
it is 5x slower than Lukas's code on CPU and on GPU it is unusable
(super super slow).

--
Cheers,
Dhiru