Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 20:04:03 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: PBKDF2 implementation with salt length > 16

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a self-contained PBKDF2 implementation which supports
> salt lengths > 16. The following two options only work correctly if
> salt length <= 16.
>
> 1. http://openwall.info/wiki/john/MSCash2
> 2. WPA-PSK OpenCL kernel
>
> Any ideas how to fix these kernels? Why are these kernels buggy?
> Lukas, Sayantan, Jim? Thanks!

For easier debugging (no OpenCL required!), use code from the attachment and do,

$ gcc pbkdf2.c gladman_pwd2key.c gladman_hmac.c -lcrypto
$ ./a.out # everything is OKAY!

To reproduce the problem (salt length can't be > 16 bytes), change one
line in pbkdf2.c to,
currentsalt.length = 20, re-compile and re-execute the program.

(pbkdf2.c use modified wpa-psk kernel)

--
Cheers,
Dhiru

Download attachment "OpenCL.tar.gz" of type "application/x-gzip" (53766 bytes)