Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 10:12:45 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: New core (?) LM fails alignment

Solar,

While testing the merge of latest CVS into bleeding (work in progress
can be seen in temporary branch "temp-merge"), I get the following:

Benchmarking: LM DES [128/128 BS SSE2-16]... FAILED (binary (alignment))

The LM and DES source files are unchanged from core, except from a
codepage-aware uppercasing that can't have anything to do with this. If
I try a pristine formats.c from core, I get the same (but with less detail):

Benchmarking: LM DES [128/128 BS SSE2-16]... FAILED (binary)

...but when building a non-jumbo from latest CVS, the problem does not
appear. But I am starting to believe there actually is a problem in
core, that just happens not to show up. Was there a recent change that
could have introduced this?

magnum