Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 18:57:19 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: prepare() and source() are in CVS

Jim, magnum, all -

I've committed my changes introducing prepare() and source() format
methods to CVS.  This is John version 1.7.9.5, which only exists as
part of Owl-current right now.

Please merge these into bleeding.

I intend to proceed experimenting with further formats interface changes,
but I wanted to eliminate these differences between core and jumbo first.

Some of my further changes may be relevant to myrice's work on
offloading hash comparisons and candidate password generation to GPU.
Talking to myrice yesterday, I suggested basing such experimental trees
on bleeding.  Since my further changes will initially be for core rather
than bleeding, it might help myrice if bleeding's formats interface is
more similar to core's.

BTW, bleeding currently lacks source() for LM hashes (I guess since
this was a bit non-trivial to implement, requiring DES final
permutation), so merging the changes from core (which include this) will
also be an improvement for bleeding.

Thanks,

Alexander