Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 12:35:52 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: prepare()

Jim, all -

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 10:51:48AM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> I noticed a few issues with this stuff in jumbo.

Here's one more: I think the use of prepare() in ldr_load_pot_line() is
unneeded.  I am not including this unless you provide a good reason to.

I think that pot file records should have already passed prepare()
before they were written.  So is this extra prepare() a backwards
compat thing, for pot file records written by older versions of JtR?
I am not aware of any specific examples where this would help.

Thanks,

Alexander