Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 18:04:58 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Aleksey's status report #12

During this week I finished skeleton of server side and deployed
everything on the contest server. Deployment was a challenge and I
still have some minor problems with configuration. So that's a time to
grow "meat".

Currently I have three scripts that are intended to share some parts
so I plan to merge them together. Also I'd like wrapper to have
interface compatible with john to be able to call wrapper instead of
john seamlessly.

The scripts are attached. They are small. Very soon I will fix most
todos.

Done

> - Draft implementation of server side

Bare bones

> - Try to fix request tracker to get reasonable speed

Just built from sources request tracker works well. I read that its
speed could heavily depend onto cpan packages's versions, exactly onto
SearchBuilder's version (if I recall right). With the newest packages
rt works at reasonable speed.

> - Look into other possible collaboration server side tool
> - Compare them by speed

It does not seem worth now. So I bury this point.

> - Apply Frank's suggestions from status report #10

Direct fixes are applied. Everything else is postponed.

- Deploy the system on the contest server

To do

- Fix todos
- Make more functionality

These two points are the top priority. I'd like to finish them in one
day.

- Prepare new timeline

Alexander advised me to make better timeline oriented on providing new
functionality.

- Make much more functionality

- Prepare training contest

> - Fix markup on the wiki page

> - Research possible statistics and their importance

> - Keep discussions

> - Develop plan B for server side

I think about backups to avoid crucial data loss. Though it is not
enough in case of not recoverable error in rt or the scripts.

> - Set repo up

Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov