Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 09:23:11 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bf_kernel.cl

Hi Alexander,

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 8:16 AM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> Shouldn't we expect more like a 50% improvement, based on the speeds for
> the implementation using global memory that you had before?  Compared to
> your LDS-using implementation, we're adding uses of computing and memory
> resources that would otherwise be completely idle.

We are still not capable of utilizing 100% of the hardware. With the
implemantation I mentioned we are using 50% of the total resources
available but I have some control on how the work groups get shecduled. The
resource utilization can be pushed to an upper limit of 75% using two
different kernel but this will involve AMD's hardware to do all the
scheduling, over which I won't have much control.

Regards,
Sayantan

Content of type "text/html" skipped