Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 06:02:34 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: RAdmin, SIP speedup

>From: Solar Designer [mailto:solar@...nwall.com]
>
>On a related note, you could want to see if SIP is implementable as a
>dynamic too.  I think it might be.

Looking at SIP, it could be added, but it would be very similar to HDAA
(dyna_21).  In hindsight, that format was a mistake to put into dynamic. I
complicated the salt, since it required its own 'magic' salt function. I
would imagine that SIP would be very similar.  I would prefer not to add
that to dynamic, unless there was some overly important reason.  I do not
think it would qualify for SSE (too large).

Also, I think the logic implemented in set_salt should be put into get_salt.
I might look at this function a little.  Redoing the salting functions
should increase the speed a lot.  Move all of that hashing out of the inner
loop, to a 1 time processing.

Jim.