Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 10:02:51 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: RAdmin, SIP speedup

I will look at that, but I would imagine if you remove a clean_input, then
what happens is the next appends end up buffer overflowing.

There is NO internal checking for overflow.  That would slow down the entire
dyna format by a huge amount, and increase the code size quite a bit.  The
entire scope of overflow elimination is in having the format author write a
proper format, and utilizing max pw len and max salt len and possibly in
switching out of SSE / back into SSE, etc.

But I will look and see if there is something else amiss here.

Jim.