Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 10:03:00 -0400
From:  <jfoug@....net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: if (dynamic_use_sse==1 || dynamic_use_sse==1) in
 dynamic_fmt.c

---- Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com> wrote:
> Line 1200 in the magnum-jumbo version of dynamic_fmt.c contains the
> following if statement:
>
> 			if (dynamic_use_sse==1 || dynamic_use_sse==1)
>
> I am sure Jim meant something else here, but I am not sure what.

You are correct.  Very good catch.  The code should emulate the current behavior taken out of set_key for index=0, and adds a new forced flag.  I believe as written, and with the existing formats, it would have worked, but the way I have in the patch, is the way I wanted it.  NOTE, with the new preloads, and small changes in dynamic.conf, it is likely that clean_kwik can be used for more instances.  However, I will have to spend some time, digging in and doing research, before I make any changes.

Jim.
Download attachment "Dynamic_Diff_Clear_Keys.diff" of type "application/octet-stream" (743 bytes)