Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 12:31:58 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: New -list function added to bleeding.  -list=format-methods

This will list all 'non-default' (i.e. methods which have been overridden),
within each format.

The syntax is  --list=format-methds[=WHICH]

If WHICH is filled in, then only formats which have that function defined
will be listed.  So  --list=format-methods=clear_keys  will list only
formats that have a clear_keys pointer that is not fmt_default_clear_keys.

NOTE, set_key, get_key, crypt_all, cmp_all, cmp_one, cmp_exact are ALWAYS
forced to be set, there are no defaults.  Thus those always get printed.

One other 'feature', is the code will also print if any of the get_hash or
binary_hash function pointers are null.   The format self test code fails
for any format for any of the other pointers IF they are null, so I did not
replicate that code here.

I do notice that quite a few formats have NULL get_hash / binary_hash
pointers, so this will likely generate some patches soon :^) as maintainers
can start looking at the big picture of the formats.  I notice that all
'thin' dynamic formats have both of these arrays of pointers NULL (but
should not), so I have to dig into the linkage code, and see what is busted.

Jim.

Content of type "text/html" skipped

Download attachment "JtR-list-methods-NewFunctionality.diff" of type "application/octet-stream" (6548 bytes)