Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 01:00:59 +0800
From: myrice <qqlddg@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: XSHA512 in Test Suite (was: Latest TS for GPU)

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 7:02 AM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
> Also, I noticed this:
>
> $ ../run/john --list=format-all-details | grep -A3 xsha512-cuda
> Format label                            xsha512-cuda
> Max. password length in bytes           125
> Min. keys per crypt                     524288
> Max. keys per crypt                     524288
>
> You only support a password length up to 16 characters, so why are you
> announcing 125? I do not understand your use of MAX_PLAINTEXT_LENGTH in
> the code.

No. In xsha512-cuda format(But not others). I support password length
max to 125. I do the follows:
1. In a crack, (in a crypt_all() call), if length of all password <=
16, I only copy the password array with length = 16
2. Otherwise, if there is one or more password length > 16, I also
copy the extend password array

With 1, we have fast crack on short password. And with 2, this format
can also crack password length < 125

Thanks
myrice