Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 04:40:57 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Jumbo-6 release status

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 02:29:10AM +0200, magnum wrote:
> * Two more formats are as bad or good as the CUDA mscash formats, namely
> raw-sha224-cuda and raw-sha256-cuda. Unless they get fixed, we could
> give them the same warning label and document it in doc/BUGS.

Please add them to doc/BUGS.

> * raw-sha512-opencl and raw-sha512-cuda do not seem to crack a single
> password. I think we need to move them to unused/ unless fixed. If we
> ditch them we should take them out of the "new formats" list in
> doc/CHANGES-jumbo too.

Please do that.

What about xsha512-cuda and xsha512-opencl?  Do they work?

> * The non-raw SHA2 GPU formats are not yet in Test Suite (Jim is working
> on cryptsha256/cryptsha512). We can just hope they do not have similar
> problems unless someone actually tested them with files lately.

Can you briefly test them now, maybe with some one-liners?

> * Frank seem to have found bugs in dynamic for some odd build targets
> (clang 32-bit, and MMX).

OK.  We can release with those. %-(  This is jumbo.  It is buggy.

> * We have about 150 variable declarations not at top of block, all of
> them are in GPU formats. I suppose we release them as-is although I hate
> the warnings now emitted in bleeding-jumbo because they hide worse
> problems. And if I drop the -Wdeclaration-after-statement in bleeding,
> no-one will ever fix them.

OK.  Not a blocker.

> Do we have more issues I forgot now? We should have a bug tracker.

Yes, we have some more issues.

> I'm going to sleep now.

Oh, then I am releasing with all that broken stuff...  I don't want to
postpone this for another week.  I want to move on to other stuff.

Alexander