Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 09:32:08 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: TS 1.12.4

2012/6/28 magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>:
> Anyone using TS, please pull. Some new stuff in there and more to come.

1)Could we modify TS for notification of untested formats.
For example when I run ./jtrts cuda i would like to see
Tested [X/Y] cuda formats, or something like this:

fmt_name1 - cracked [0/X]
fmt_name2 - no tests

2) And show information what test is running, I mean:

show "form=mscash2-opencl"
start_testing()
show "guesses: 1410 time: 0:00:00:43 : Expected count(s) (1500)  [!!!FAILED!!!]"

Also I've noticed a problem with opencl when kernel
compilation/execution fails during tests, status (what type of format
failed and 0/X cracked or "john execution error") should be visible.

3) I am not familiar with TS source, but in my opinion tests should be
divided into smaller ones, for example (testing "passlength 1..8,
passlength 9..15 .. ).  With this info we should be able to detect
root problem immediately.

4) If I am right, now when I create format with PLAINTEXT_LENGTH
grater than tests provided by TS I won't get any notice?

Lukas