Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 11:45:08 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Update to TS (new formats, SHA2, and other changes)

Working on this right now.  Here is what I have done (not committed yet)

GOST/GOST_cp  (in TS, but I am not sure it was listed).

Added:

raw-ssh224
raw-ssh256
raw-sha384
raw-sha512
dragonfly3_32
dragonfly4_32
hmac-sha1   ****** NOTE, there may be problems in this format, I am only
getting 730 to test ****
hmac-sha224
hmac-sha256
hmac-sha384
hmac-sha512

Still to add:
sha256crypt / sha512crypt.

NOTE, Once I get these done, I would like someone else to add these to the
GPU targets (magnum?)

These are still NOT in TS:

django  dmd5  dragonfly3-64  dragonfly4-64  drupal7  keychain  odf
office  pdf  sybasease   pkzip  pwsafe  racf  rar  sip  trip  vnc
wbb3  wpapsk  zip

There 'may' be some CPAN code for some of these (like wpapsk)

When I get this done, I will have a new TS (going to 1.3). and updates to
pass_gen.pl.  I will also add testing for -pipe, and possibly -stdin/-stdout

I will also add tests (using crc32, I think) for dict files with \r \r\n
\r\r\n along with \n line endings.  Also files missing last EOL in the file.
I will make tests for these using both -w and -pipe.  These type files ARE
often seen in the wild in wordlists.

As for the problems in hmac-sha1, I have not dug into the problem (yet), but
it should not take long to find.

Jim.