Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:39:21 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: --crack-status disables emitting a status line  whenever a password
 is cracked...

... if CrackStatus=Y in john.conf?

I must say I find this counter-intuitive, given the usage output:

--crack-status            emit a status line whenever a password is cracked

Why not --crack-status[=Y] and --crack-status=N.

But may be we are over-engineering such an unimportant feature.
(And I would have to adjust the bash completion to list Y and N as
possible completions)

Now there are 2 ways to get a status line after each cracked password:

--crack-status on the command line
CrackStatus=Y in john.conf

Can I please have a third one, to be switched on in External modes?

And a new command-line option --beep=Y / --beep=N to overwrite Beep = N
in john.conf, and --idle=[Y|N] as well?

Frank