Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 09:48:03 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: keepass2john.c

>From: Solar Designer [mailto:solar@...nwall.com]
>
>On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 07:11:37PM +0530, Dhiru Kholia wrote:
>> I have committed KeePass format to magnum-jumbo. So, please include
>> keepass2john.c in jumbo-6. Thanks!
>
>Also, fixing this is a must:
>
>keepass_fmt_plug.c: In function 'transform_key':
>keepass_fmt_plug.c:78:2: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and
>code [-Wdeclaration-after-statement]
>
>and perhaps we should in fact add -Wdeclaration-after-statement to
>default CFLAGS.

If this CAN be done, (i.e. does not cause compilers to fail), then I would
really really really like this.  Every time I need to actually debug code,
and get it into certain compilers, I have to fix dozens of these, in many of
the new volatile formats.  Having the format authors get warnings, and fix
these themselves would be a much appreciated thing.

Even if we only add this to some of the 'most used' compile rules, so that
these errors show up, it would really help.  I know it is gcc specific, and
possible gcc version specific.  But this would help.

IT IS NOT something that should worry about in J6.  But if we can work on
the Makefile after that in magnum-new-jumbo (or whatever we call it), that
would be nice.

Jim.