Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 13:17:53 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Important test suite fixes:

On 2012-06-27 13:12, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> On 06/27/2012 01:03 PM, magnum wrote:
>> Frank, I'd really appreciate if you got yourself a github account and
>> eventually learned to push directly, or make pull requests from an own
>> branch.
>
> Actually, I appreciate the current situation, having just a local
> repository, so that I can just trow it away should I mess up badly.

You always have a local repo, your clone of github. If you mess up, You
just "git reset --hard origin/magnum-jumbo" (or throw it away and
re-clone) and you are back to the published state. Normally that won't
be needed, you can find a good point with "git reflog" and revert to it
even if it's "gone" in your history (but not older than two weeks).

magnum