Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 04:42:47 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Oracle Bitslice conversion completed

Piyush,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 05:55:26AM +0530, Piyush Mittal wrote:
> Patch in unified format

Thanks.  I took a look.  To me, it is not supposed to work, just like
the previous revision was not.  I don't understand what you're trying to
achieve with the set_block() uses in DES_bs_crypt_Oracle(), but it is
not a step towards solving the problem of your previous patch revision
anyway.  It appears that you still don't grasp the very concept of
bitslicing well enough.  Well, or maybe you're not yet trying to make
this work, and instead only perform some kind of test with this?  If so,
what test is that?

Are you working on this to help the project or/and to learn things in
the process, or both, or do you have some other goal/motivation?

It'd probably be quicker for me to just go ahead and implement the thing
myself, but I don't mind using this as an opportunity to let you learn
(hence the way we're approaching it so far).

Alexander