Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 06:46:27 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Markov: move mkv_start / mkv_end computation out of
 do_markov_crack()

On 06/25/2012 10:49 PM, magnum wrote:
> On 2012-06-25 21:44, Frank Dittrich wrote:
>> On 06/25/2012 08:46 PM, magnum wrote:
>>> Committed now. Meld is a frigging excellent tool, I did not even get the
>>> merging problems I feared in the contest tree.
>>
>> Because you are a brave man, I have a new patch for you.
>
> Contrary to the previous patch, this was a nightmare to merge with the
> contest branch.

Too bad you didn't complain when you saw this nightmare coming.
May be it would have been easier had I moved the new function further
away from the old code.

> You just subscribed to helping me test next contest build.

No problem. If you want me to check whether the merge was correct,
you can send me the old and the new mkv.c code (or one version and a
diff) off-list.

> BTW, exactly when is next contest?

July 26 – 29th, 2012, I think.
So, after releasing jumbo-6, you'll get 24 hours of sleep, and then
let's polish the contest edition.

Frank