Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 03:53:15 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: Bal??zs Bucsay <earthquake@...on.hu>
Cc: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: MySQL-fast license (was: MySQL-fast fixes, OpenMP support)

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 09:29:26PM +0200, Bal??zs Bucsay wrote:
> Sorry, I haven't been at home. I was travelling around Austria for the
> weekend. I read your mail, but I haven't got any time or opportunity to
> answer.

No problem.  Your answer is prompt enough.

> So you can add any license you think it fits the code. I prefer
> the Beerware license (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beerware), but do as
> you like. Thanks for asking anyways.

I like the spirit behind beerware licenses, but unfortunately they make
lawyers unhappy.  I prefer to use "Redistribution and use in source and
binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted." as we do on
many other source files in JtR.

Thanks,

Alexander