Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 03:27:27 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Jumbo candidate vs Test Suite

2012/6/25 jfoug <jfoug@....net>:
>>From: Lukas Odzioba [mailto:lukas.odzioba@...il.com]
>>
>>Now I am working on mscash* ciphertext.
>
> If you are working on the mscash2 only finding 1410 hashes, then stop your
> search. This is an 'acceptable' count.  If your format only supports 19 byte
> salts, then that is the count the TS will give you.  Magnum has made changes
> to the TS, so 1410 is acceptable (1500 is also acceptable). The 90
> candidates all have salts > 19 bytes.  But if your format was finding all of
> the others, and only supports 19 bytes (which the very original CPU version
> supported), then all is well.  If later you do support up to 22 byte salts,
> then all the better.
>
> If you are working on something different in the mscash* formats, then
> sorry, and please ignore this message.
>
> Jim.

Yep, I've noticed that this was "fixed", but thank you for your heed.
I am working on that:
form=mscash-cuda                  guesses:    0 unk unk : Expected
count(s) (1430)  [!!!FAILED!!!]
sh: 1: cannot open ./tst.pot: No such file
.pot CHK:mscash-cuda              guesses:    0 unk unk  [PASSED]

form=mscash2-cuda                 guesses:    0 unk unk : Expected
count(s) (1479)  [!!!FAILED!!!]
sh: 1: cannot open ./tst.pot: No such file
.pot CHK:mscash2-cuda             guesses:    0 unk unk  [PASSED]

Lukas