Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 11:15:08 +0530
From: SAYANTAN DATTA <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bf-opencl

Hi Alexander,

I'm trying to get my grasp on AMD IL but I am unable to understand a few
concepts. Can you explain what is the purpose of using UAVs(Unordered
Access View) ?What are scatter /gather loads ? Also how am I supposed to
optimize the codes using IL? I mean the generated IL has almost 10k lines
of instructions in the most time consuming loop. So do I have to read each
instruction to find out the bottleneck? Any suggestions is greately
appreciated?   I think at the moment you are busy with the release of
jumbo-6. So there is no hurry,reply when you have the time.

Regards,
Sayantan

[ CONTENT OF TYPE text/html SKIPPED ]