Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 08:42:43 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Results of latested git pulls

Had one issue to fix in bleeding (wpapsk format required a
fmt_default_get_source added to structure).  Once that was done:

Bleeding:

Cygwin-x86-sse2i   -test=0 all pass.  Test suite all pass  (but CrC32 gets
1501 ???)

Cygwin-x86-sse2   -test=0 all pass.  Test suite all pass  (but CrC32 gets
1501 ???)

Cygwin-x86-any   -test=0 all pass.  Test suite all pass  (but CrC32 gets
1501 ???)

Sparc-64-cc MSSQL-05 and office fail (all other tests in TS pass).
EPIServer and RAR3 pass.    RAR3 does fail on utf8 in TS

Still to build/test:  cygwin-mmx, cygwin-generic and sparc-generic

Unstable:

Cygwin-x86-sse2i   -test=0 all pass.  Test suite all pass  (but CrC32 gets
1501 ???)

Cygwin-x86-sse2   -test=0 all pass.  Test suite all pass  (but CrC32 gets
1501 ???)

Cygwin-x86-any   -test=0 all pass.  Test suite all pass  (but CrC32 gets
1501 ???)

Sparc-64-cc MSSQL-05 and office fail (all other tests in TS pass).
EPIServer and RAR3 pass.    RAR3 does fail on utf8 in TS

Still to build/test:  cygwin-mmx, cygwin-generic and sparc-generic

I have not yet investigated the 1501 count of crc32, but this could be
issues with the dupe removal code possibly adding an extra line, OR it could
be the change I made to work around the total line count read in, causing a
dupe first or last line.  All I have had time for so far, is building,
running and listing results here.  However, at this time, things are looking
pretty good from all of my builds.  I also think that I had -mem=10 on the
TS used for the Win32 tests (existing work around for code prior to dupe
removal being off by default), so it is also likely that 1501 lines are
being returned in the read one line at a time code (returning the last line
twice??).   I will have any needed information later today.

NOTE, I will also shortly be modifying the TS to re-enable dupe checking on
a new crc32 target.  In that case, it should only find 50 candidates.  This
will not be a super strenuous test, but will at least give some indication
that the dupe removal is working.  NOTE, it will only run on a JtR new
enough to have the dupe removal switch.  I should be able to get to this
today.

Jim

Content of type "text/html" skipped