Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 17:22:39 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: salts to use when benchmarking (was: SSH thread-safety)

magnum, Jim, Dhiru -

I don't recall us fixing the bug below, so I guess it's still present?

magnum, Jim - can one (or both) of you look into it ASAP and fix it?
I think it is very important to have it fixed before 1.7.9-jumbo-6,
especially if it's been introduced after -jumbo-5 (I don't know whether
this is the case or not).

If we don't fix this bug, then at least the SSH format's comment about
the use of two different keys in the benchmark is wrong (and needs to be
changed).  But I'd rather have the bug fixed.

Thanks,

Alexander