Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 01:57:25 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: relbench and changed format names

On 2012-06-22 01:50, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 12:59:58AM +0200, magnum wrote:
>> Could we not make relbench look at the world in some different way?
>
> Any specific suggestions?
>
> I am not aware of a relbench side fix to this that would not introduce a
> lot of user-visible complexity/confusion.

I think labeling the NT format (in n incarnations) as n different
formats will introduce a lot of user confusion. relbench could use the
fastest found.

But no, I don't have any specific suggestion (unless "relbench could use
the fastest found" is a suggestion. Maybe it is). I just really dislike
the idea of putting implementation-specific stuff in the format label.
They do not belong there.

magnum