Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 01:23:16 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: wordlist dupe suppression

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 10:48:23PM +0200, magnum wrote:
> Command line option:
>
> --dupe-suppression       Suppress dupes in wordlist [regardless of size]

Sounds fine.

> john.conf options (as delivered):

If you implement these, please make sure they result in
--dupe-suppression added to .rec file if dupe suppression was on, and
are ignored when restoring a session that does not have
--dupe-suppression in the .rec file.  Hmm, this gets complicated
(although we already do something similar for autodetected --format).
That's a reason not to have the john.conf options, I think.  Can we have
the command-line option only, and that's it?

Alexander