Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 22:48:23 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: wordlist dupe suppression

On 2012-06-19 22:29, jfoug wrote:
>> From: magnum [mailto:john.magnum@...hmail.com]

>> We could make it configurable and default to off. It just beats me why
>> anyone would prefer that.
>
> I have dicts (large ones), that have been properly dupe removed.  Why would
> I want to load gb's of data, and have it dupe checked every time I load
> these files??

I will add options. Maybe like this?

Command line option:

--dupe-suppression       Suppress dupes in wordlist [regardless of size]

john.conf options (as delivered):

[Options]
# Dupe suppression will be performed if file is smaller than this
WordlistDupeSuppressThreshold = 0

# Same as above, but for closed-loop mode (.pot files)
PotFileDupeSuppressThreshold = 1073741824

magnum