Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 21:13:18 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bf-opencl

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 09:00:51PM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 08:16:14PM +0530, SAYANTAN DATTA wrote:
> > BTW Can I OC the card using ssh?
>
> I'd need to grant you root access (or sudo or the like) for that

Looks like I'm wrong about that, because I see that you're running the
card at 1100 MHz core / 1300 MHz memory now, and the "john" process is
alive for 35 minutes.  That's nice.

BTW, one advantage of cracking bcrypt hashes on this card vs. the
FX-8120 CPU in that box is that the card is much quieter than the CPU's
cooling fan, especially when the GPU is at only 71 C (very low for a GPU
when in use).  It's almost a silent bcrypt cracker. ;-)

Alexander