Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 19:54:55 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: wbb3_fmt_plug.c is broken

On 06/19/12 at 02:25am, Solar Designer wrote:
> wbb3_fmt_plug.c is broken in terms of supporting multiple hashes per
> salt.  It only supports exactly one hash per salt.  That is, if there
> are any matching salts, it will misbehave.

I have tested the code with duplicate salts with no problems. Try
running john on attached file which contain duplicate salts (and
duplicate user names as well).

> Additionally, it does not provide binary(), nor the hash functions,
> so loading may be slow.
> You're using your approach learned on non-hashes almost universally now,
> but it is a hack that should only be used when you actually have to.
> When you implement support for "normal" hashes, please use JtR's
> interfaces the way they were supposed to be used, without this hack.

I am in process of fixing this and my other formats to follow JtR
conventions.

--
Cheers,
Dhiru

View attachment "wbb3hashes.txt" of type "text/plain" (461 bytes)