Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 01:22:47 +0200
From: magnum <>
Subject: Re: Re: [patch] optional new raw sha1 implemetation

On 2012-06-15 23:06, Simon Marechal wrote:
> The current SSE code cracks 19.8M c/s. Taviso's is faster at 21.3M c/s,
> and doesn't use the register scheduling trick that is in
> sse-intrinsics.c. This _might_ mean it could be faster.
> Some of the improvements can't be moved to the intrinsics code as it
> would break things, so it makes sense to keep it as is :
> * reversing the last steps
> * limiting the max password length
> The code seems to be full on fun stuff however, and to be a good read.

Also, unlike the formats that use intrinsics.c, this format will benefit
from a reduced binary_size (just the one 32-bit int that is checked in
cmp_all()), and a "linkedin" version of that would probably perform way
better than our current one, with six million hashes. This would be
trivial. Maybe I'll try it out later unless someone else do.