Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 00:06:47 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Improve error message for invalid incremental mode
 name

On 2012-06-15 23:47, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> BTW2:
> should we include cfg_name (e.g., ./john.conf) in some --list=... output?

Nah. If you didn't give a --conf option, you know what it would output.
If you did, you know too. Maybe we could have a list argument that lists
all included config files. But I'm not sure what this would accomplish.

> BTW3:
>
> Should we warn if a config contains more than one instance of a
> particular section?

That would probably be nice. I was recently bitten by a rule that was
defined twice. Took me a while to figure out what the heck happened.
There are more such details that could be improved in Jumbo but I just
don't have the time to care about it. If you do, I'm all for it.

magnum