Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 09:15:00 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: JtR TS integration to jumbo

On 2012-06-13 09:02, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> On 06/13/2012 03:04 AM, magnum wrote:
>> On 2012-06-13 02:55, Lukas Odzioba wrote:
>>> JimF, magnum, all:
>>>
>>> What do you thing about integration Test Suite into jumbo for example
>>> under "make test"?
>>
>> If you install it properly (test being a sibling of src and run), "make
>> test" will work out of the box.
>
> Perhaps make test (and other test targets) should check whether the test
> directory or jtrts.pl exists. If it doesn't, print a short message hot
> to get the test suite.

Yes. And it just occured to me that if we put TS in its own github repo,
we'll get a fair amount of security, as well as automatically provided
urls for zipballs. 'unzip' and 'wget' (or alternatively, just 'git')
will be requirements, but this would be way better than the current
boostrap mess with a tarball split in two for 1.10 and then four+
patches needed upon that to get to current 1.12.2.

magnum