Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 10:45:19 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: JtR TS integration to jumbo

On 06/13/2012 09:15 AM, magnum wrote:
> On 2012-06-13 09:02, Frank Dittrich wrote:

>>> If you install it properly (test being a sibling of src and run), "make
>>> test" will work out of the box.
>>
>> Perhaps make test (and other test targets) should check whether the test
>> directory or jtrts.pl exists. If it doesn't, print a short message hot
>> to get the test suite.
>
> Yes. And it just occured to me that if we put TS in its own github repo,
> we'll get a fair amount of security, as well as automatically provided
> urls for zipballs. 'unzip' and 'wget' (or alternatively, just 'git')
> will be requirements, but this would be way better than the current
> boostrap mess with a tarball split in two for 1.10 and then four+
> patches needed upon that to get to current 1.12.2.

Yes, definitely. After sending my message, I had a look at the wiki
page, and realized it got even more complicated than last time I
installed the test suite.
I was about to suggest adding a bootstrap script to the wiki page, but a
separate git repository is better.

BTW: you can also get tarballs instead of zipballs.

https://github.com/magnumripper/magnum-jumbo/tarball/magnum-jumbo
This URL will provide a tar.gz for latest git:
magnumripper-magnum-jumbo-1.7.9-jumbo-4-558-g860ff13.tar.gz

Frank