Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 20:27:34 +0200
From: Simon Marechal <simon@...quise.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ./john --markov=399:9876543210987654321:12345678901234567890:30
 error

On 06/10/2012 07:48 PM, jfoug@....net wrote:
> I have never really liked the 'huge' numbers in markov myself, but do know why simon wrote it that way.

I wrote it that way because I always cook scripts to generate the
command lines, and never thought about doing it in a user friendly way ...

> I had always thought it would be better to have some percentage.  So it would be like this:

I believe the node x/y approach is more user friendly now. If you need
the percentage, it means you need to distribute uneven parts to distinct
processes. In that case you would probably need to script anyway ...